A Secure Heart
On Sale Jan 22nd– Feb 5th for only 1.99
Re-released with new cover and edits January 8, 2013
What does it take to secure a heart? For the Smith Security Services team it’s Flowers, Chocolate, Wishes, and Sparks!
Flowers: Fashion Designer Flower Calloway’s next big show could make her famous all over the world, but she ends up uncovering a few secrets that could break her heart instead.
Chocolate: A quick trip to the store for some chocolate therapy, and a fateful encounter with a few gorgeous men, shakes up F.B.I. Agent Genie Cook’s once secure life.
Wishes: For Jacob and Gracie, it is love at first sight, but it will take more than a few wishes to hold them together when Jacob’s career threatens to tear them apart.
Sparks: Twin brothers Weave and Bob are hardened fighters, but two special women are going to have them throwing off sparks instead of punches.
Are you ready for hump day?
Here is an excerpt, paraphrased, from a great article on how to have successful virtual book tours that I recently read from Salt Publishing. I have included some of the highlights, great tips on how to create an outstanding virtual tour for your book. To read the article in its entirety please visit: http://blog.saltpublishing.com/about-virtual-book-tours/
A Guide to Creating a Virtual Book Tour
- The aim of a virtual book tour is to generate word-of-mouth in a coordinated and accessible way:
- Find ten blogs who will host a brief interview with you, over a period of a month or two.
- Each blog should host three questions about the book (which you may suggest), that may also cover how you wrote the book, or about your life as a writer.
- As part of each blog post, you should feature a link to your title page.
- As part of the interview you should offer each blogger an image of yourself and of your book.
- Make sure you can pull the tour off. Make sure you can find the time to answer questions and any queries that a blogger may have, as well as find the best blogs for your book in the first place.
- You will probably have a wide range of friends who are blogging already, though you needn’t make use of just these potential collaborators, you can try your luck with other blogs.
- Make sure you know when this will all take place and line up your bloggers, your questions and the dates of each guest post.
- Make sure you use comments to feedback to each blogger and to thank them.
- Give the book tour a unique brand. Be creative.
- What do bloggers get out of this? Hopefully tons of sales.
Since Terri Reid was the star of my first blog ever, I thought it only fitting to mention, on my new blog page, her wonderful book series: A Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery. I have heard rumors that our favorite mystery writer has a follow up to Twisted Paths in the works. Could it be true? Terri, squash the rumors please, put us out of our misery, and tell us when, when, when, can we expect book number ten? Consider this an open invitation to promote your wonderful work, (all available on amazon.com, I might add,) on my new Bloody Good Book Blog. For those of you unfamiliar with Terri Reid, or her work let me tell you a little bit about Terri, and fill you in on a few of her gems: Terri Reid has been telling ghosts stories since she was a little girl. She lives on five acres of rolling land in a 100 year-old farmhouse, in the same area as her Mary O’Reilly character, Northwest Illinois. She worked as a freelance journalist for the local paper and wrote the Halloween feature for many years, collecting as many local ghost stories as she could. She gave her collection of local ghost stories to the local historical society to use as a fundraiser, they are now in their third printing.
Now for the links to a few of her gems: (thanks to http://www.shelfari.com/)
Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery:
Happy reading folks, hopefully we will all be reading book 10 from, A Mary O’Reilly Paranormal Mystery, in the near future. ~ Scarlette D’Noire
Scarlette on Goodreads
I am excited to announce I will be working with IMR Blog Tours. I look forward to all of the wonderful books that will be released in the upcoming year. Stay tuned for updates and have a bloody good day. ~ Scarlette D’Noire