Here is an excerpt, paraphrased, from a great article on how to have successful virtual book tours that I recently read from Salt Publishing. I have included some of the highlights, great tips on how to create an outstanding virtual tour for your book. To read the article in its entirety please visit: http://blog.saltpublishing.com/about-virtual-book-tours/
A Guide to Creating a Virtual Book Tour
- The aim of a virtual book tour is to generate word-of-mouth in a coordinated and accessible way:
- Find ten blogs who will host a brief interview with you, over a period of a month or two.
- Each blog should host three questions about the book (which you may suggest), that may also cover how you wrote the book, or about your life as a writer.
- As part of each blog post, you should feature a link to your title page.
- As part of the interview you should offer each blogger an image of yourself and of your book.
- Make sure you can pull the tour off. Make sure you can find the time to answer questions and any queries that a blogger may have, as well as find the best blogs for your book in the first place.
- You will probably have a wide range of friends who are blogging already, though you needn’t make use of just these potential collaborators, you can try your luck with other blogs.
- Make sure you know when this will all take place and line up your bloggers, your questions and the dates of each guest post.
- Make sure you use comments to feedback to each blogger and to thank them.
- Give the book tour a unique brand. Be creative.
- What do bloggers get out of this? Hopefully tons of sales.